Thursday, April 16, 2020

Shelterin' Away in Princeville



Nibblin on grapefruit
Watchin' the chickens hoot
All of those tourists gone for a while
Strummin my four-string
Listenin' to birds sing
Watchin' the wave lines settin' up in file

Shelterin' away here in Princeville
Searchin' for my my lost bar of wax
Some people claim foreigners are to blame
But I know they just got to relax

I know the reason
We came here this season
To see our daughter an' grandkids behind the bamboo
They're real beauties
The little ones' such cuties
Never expected quarantine, not even a clue

Shelterin' away here in Princeville
Searchin' for my lost bar of wax
Some people claim there's someone else to blame
But hell, beginnin' to think it's time to relax

I blew out my slippah
Got a big blistah
Had to call off my walk an' cruise back home
But there's fresh fruit in the blender
And soon it will render
That island concoction that helps me hang on

Shelterin' away here in Princeville
Searchin' for my lost bar of surf wax, that's all
Yes it's, some people claim that there's someone to blame
But I know, it's a tiny virus's fault.







1 comment:

  1. sing out! but only one coco magarita a day...or the virus addiction blues will get you...worst margarita, jimmy buffets bar in key west...best margarita...a place in belize ( they called it the punch bowl margarita) and their happy hour ended when "everybody was happy"

    ReplyDelete