Sunday, May 24, 2020

Mahalo and Aloha. It Ain't Over Yet

Expecting to fly, saying goodbye


Aloha Friends!

Now that we're back home, I want to thank all of my readers who have hung with me during the past 75 days while we sheltered-in-place on the Garden Island of Kauai.

Without you, I could not have published an "almost" daily blog during that period. When I started I had no idea that it would turn into a daily thing. I never looked ahead.

The idea of sheltering-in-place on an island seemed to be a unique perspective. That was the source of my motivation. After a couple of posts, my Puamana neighbor, Rick Carroll, a writer and former newspaper man, told me to keep writing.

So I did, like an obedient child. An obedient child who was having fun.

I received several favorable comments from friends that spurred me on. I got into a groove and at times felt as though I were channeling stories, as if someone were whispering them into my ear.

I tried not to be redundant, keep the stories fresh, sometimes unexpected. I often surprised myself.

As time ticked along, somewhere after maybe 50 posts, my mojo waned. I figured if I'm getting weary, my readers are, too.

Then something would happen. I played golf. We hiked to the beach. Mother's Day came. My motor started up again, at least for another day.

I plan to continue to post regular stories about our experience of being back in Santa Cruz during the pandemic. It won't be every day. I have a ton of yard work to do, and other home projects.

I consider this blog to be a political-free zone. Not only a refuge during Covid, but a place where I can get away from the all the banter and blather and blame. I do have a strong political bias. I'll save that for the ballot box. I think most people's minds are already made up. Why go there when life is so rich right in front of us, especially with all this free time.

Be creative. Be safe. Be forgiving. Be your own true self.

Thank you, again. Mahalo nui loa!

Kevin









No comments:

Post a Comment